i am, i must say, a HUUUUUGE fan of 'so you think you can dance'. every wednesday, the girls come over and we plop down in front of the tv for the (currently) 2-hour show. no one is allowed to talk during the dances - only during filler and commercial breaks. it's rather intense. they're on season 4 right now, and i will admit that i don't think it's as good as season 3, and season 2 was by far the best one yet.
they're now down to 12 dancers: chelsie, courtney, comfort, katee, jessica, kherington, twitch, will, joshua, thayne, gev, and mark.
best dances in show history:
Bleeding Love - current season - Chelsie & Mark
Time - season 3 - Lacey & Neil
Black Mambo - season 2 - Benji & Heidi (tie)
Why - season 2 - Ivan & Allison (tie)
note: season 2's "sexy love" (Ivan & Allison) and "calling you" (Travis & Heidi) are definitely up there. i repeat, season 2 is the best so far.
best choreographers: mia michaels (contemporary), shane sparks (hip hop), tyce diorio (various styles)
oh, and we can't forget the auditions... they rival those of american idol. there's this ca-RAZY guy named david who has auditioned with what he considers dancing (mainly jumping around the stage) every single season - and he goes by the stage name "sex." one time, he even had his mom come and back him up to the judges and inform them that yes, his name was sex and he was a sexy dancer. seriously...sometimes the american people scare me.
Camping Adventures
4 years ago





3 comments:
I am absolutely addicted to SYTYCD! I agree that a lot of this years dances haven't been that great but I think the dancers have a lot of potential. I loved Twitch and Kherington's contemporary Wednesday night!
i totally agree with you! season two was by far the best and i thought it was so great that benji came and choreographed a dance! My fav so far was the Why and this season's Dreaming with a broken heart -twitch and kherington was oh so good too! I missed thursday's show to see who went, but i'm tracking it down online. :)
I think Mia Michael's is one of the best choreographers. Chelsie and Mark's dance (Bleeding love) is my favorite so far for this season.
Post a Comment