Tuesday, February 10, 2009

hold me back, hold me back!

i'm halfway through my first night shift (12 hours total); bear with me if this seems incomprehensible.

okay, for someone whose personal trainer enourages to eat subway sandwiches regularly (more on that in a bit), i became aware of some exciting news today.

for a limited time, of course, subway is offering up ALL of their sandwiches for the $5 footlong special. meatball, cold cut combo, whatever your little heart desires, it now only costs you five bucks!

the sandwich artist who concocted my typical chicken breast/swiss/spinach/tomato/cucumber/bit o' ranch on honey oat made a really solid effort to convince me to try something else. something else that dan the trainer probably wouldn't see as a "good choice." i wavered for a minute or so between getting the chicken or switchin' it up to turkey.

i'm not a big "lunchmeat" person as it is, so i pretty much stick to a routine in that department. ham was out of the question as i only ever will eat it during easter, and then only if my chef mother is the one who made it, because she does something to it that makes it less "hammy," if that's possible. roast beef should be enjoyed in a hot french dip with au jus, never cold. i'll stop there.

inevitably, i stuck to the usual and was grateful when the sandwich artist agreed to wrap the two halves separately. one for now, one for during work.

oh, and a diet coke, please. i need all the caffeine i can get. but no cookies, thanks.

anyway, dan says subway is very good for you. of course, we've all seen the success of jared the subway man, but i can't fathom eating it every single day. wretched thought.

he redeemed himself when he also offered up burrito bols from chipotle and naked burritos from qdoba (minus cheese and sour cream, obviously). now those i could maybe stomach a few times a week.

maybe.

5 comments:

Lauren said...

You know, I went to Subway once and they refused to wrap my sub as two halves. They said it wasted paper.

...

I didn't go back to that Subway again. But I have been taking advantage of the $5 footlongs elsewhere (because that's just awesome.)

If your body is a temple, mine must be a mansion! said...

Love Subway! Just came across your blog by way of another... Great stuff!

Katelin said...

oooh i love subway!

and umm for some reason i cannot add your blog to my reader?!! it just comes up as "hong kong roman catholic school"....weird.

hopefully i'll figure it out soon.

CAVFC said...

lauren - i've been there...

mah - thanks for reading! i'll be checking yours out as well :)

katelin - i've been having issues when i comment on others and it puts a feed through that says "hunat marymount college"...working on it as well.

rachaelgking said...

Oh man. I'm going to have to be the devil's advocate here and say that I despise Subway. I LOATHE IT. Subway and I are in a never ending vendetta because they refuse to hire human beings with IQs above 70 ("artist" MY ASS) and I refuse to eat a pound of iceberg lettuce with one circle of see-through ham and a tweensy triangle of cheese.

That said, please pass the the burrito. THAT I can get behind.

:-)